Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Light in the Darkness

I'm kind of at a low point right now. I've felt much worse, been less able to focus on things, and far, far more emotional, but I'm not feeling all that great right now. And yet...

The difference between me feeling this way now and me feeling this way a couple years ago, or even eight months ago, is that there is a light in the darkness. There is hope still. There is something to look forward to. In short, there is still God, and He still loves me.

That alone should make me start singing and dancing. (Those who know me know how happy I'd have to be to do either of those, since I generally don't, save for torturing those unfortunate enough to stand near me with my singing in church on Sunday.) Yet I'm not. I'm sitting here writing this, pondering what to do with the rest of my evening, and hoping to find a way to stop thinking about the situation I find myself in.

And that brings me back to God. He is so patient that, even knowing I don't view Him as all I need, He is still here for me, taking me by the hand, and leading me through the darkness.

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light: the Way out of this darkness, the Truth that shall set me free, and the Light to guide my steps when my future seems so dim.

No comments:

Post a Comment