Monday, June 7, 2010

Prayer - This Week's Challenge

My brother recently sent me a packet of 10 birthday cards from my father's side of the family, the side I haven't spoken to for at least 10 years and most of them for 13 or more. I don't want to have contact with my father because of all that he's done to my family. I honestly haven't forgiven him yet. The others I don't want to have contact with simply because we were never all that close to begin with and because that path would lead toward him in some way.

So this week's challenge is to find someone in your life you haven't yet forgiven and pray for them, as I will pray for my father for the first time since I can remember. I have found before that it is hard to stay mad at someone you are praying for, so, while this may take a good long while for me, I have to try praying for him so that I can eventually forgive him.

1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness isn't really something that I generally struggle with, but that's not to say that there aren't people in my life who I havn't said anything negative about or had any upset thoughts about someone. I heard a message once where it was said that forgivness isn't just a one time deal. It's something that we have to do every day. What do we do when a thought about that person comes to mind? Something will always come up throughout our lifetime that will trigger the past. We have to decide how we will respond to those triggers.

    Now, as far as your challange, I can def relate to that principle of praying for someone when I start getting a negative feeling over someone. I have struggled with jealousy in relationships etc. My biggest test have been where I ended up counteracting my thoughts and end up praying for two people who are in a relationship even though i have had an interest in that person.

    ReplyDelete